The House is planning on passing another ransom note in the guise of a bill and splitting town.
If that happens, Obama should invoke Article II, Section 3 of the constitution they love so much, drag them back.
Again and again and again.
- Steve Marmel
This is what you click, if you like.
"Their plan to avert default fizzling, House Republicans are reportedly considering passing their bill and then skipping town.
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) and House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) are discussing “voting on their bill and, if it passes, leaving town — a bid to try to force the Senate’s hand.”
Oh please, oh please….
Reasons why Sir Christopher Lee is just plain cool.
1. Nearly a century of life and he shows no signs of even slowing down. (There must be something in the surname…Stan Lee is the same.)
2. He knows the meaning of commitment. Fifty years with his one and only wife! (Did sow plenty of wild oats in his younger years, but happened to meet the right woman as he was getting tired of it.)
3. He is related by marriage to Ian Fleming. No coincidence that he was a Bond villain.
4. He joined the intelligence services during WWII, where it’s hinted he did some very badass things to some Nazis. (He indicated during the filming of LOTR that he knew the exact sound a man makes when stabbed in the back.)
5. He is the only one of the LOTR cast to have met J.R.R. Tolkien personally.
6. He is a loyal and steadfast friend. He was a mainstay to Peter Cushing during the latter’s grief over his wife’s death. He still misses his old chum deeply.
7. He is a Warner Brothers cartoon fan (something he shared with Peter Cushing) and can apparently do a spot-on Yosemite Sam.
8. He was the narrator in a studio cast recording of The Rocky Horror Show.
9. He is a classically trained singer and has recorded everything from opera to Broadway to heavy metal (no, I am not kidding).
10. Related to that…he likes to head bang to keep his neck muscles from growing stiff.
11. He was on the cover of Paul McCartney and Wings’ Band On The Run album.
12. He plays a good golf game too!
13. Is descended from Charlemagne.
14. As a child, met the killers of Rasputin personally when they stopped by his mother’s house. (He kept this in mind when playing Rasputin in later years.)
15. He evokes all imagination of gothic horror in your mind when see him.
16. He has the most onscreen swordfights of any other living or dead actor in the history of movies. I am guessing that record will be his for eternity.
17. He is Dracula
18. He is Saruman
19. His full name is Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE, CStJ. Cool name.
20. He has the right to bear the coat of arms of the Holy Roman Empire by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa.
21. He fought for Finland in the Winter War against Russia in 1939.
22. He’s an inspiration to us all.
23. Also he’s very tall.
24. He rereads “Lord of the Rings” every year!
25. Despite all the points mentioned he is really modest.
re-reblogging everytime I see
I already reblogged this. But who cares.
Dear Prime Minister, M Rogge, Lord Coe and Members of the International Olympic Committee,
I write in the earnest hope that all those with a love of sport and the Olympic spirit will consider the stain on the Five Rings that occurred when the 1936 Berlin Olympics proceeded under the exultant…
It’s so FLUFFY! I’m gonna die! Having fun making googly eye minion nails today. Still need some clean up but I am tickled by them too much not to share.
Here’s a pro tip - If you wake up after a night of indulgence and decide to “freshen” your hair colour, roll a quick sanity check on your soberness levels. Intoxication and hair dye don’t mix. #purpleeverywhere
Let me tell you a thing, about an amazing man named Patrick Stewart
I went to Comicpalooza this weekend and I was full of nervous energy as I was standing in line to ask Sir Patrick Stewart a question at his panel. I first had to thank him for a speech he had given at amnesty international about domestic violence towards women . I had only seen it a few months ago but I was still dealing with my own personal experience with a similar issue, and I didn’t know what to call it. After seeing Patrick talk so personally about it I finally was able to correctly call it abuse, in my case sexual abuse that was going to quickly turn into physical abuse as well. I didn’t feel guilty or disgusting anymore. I finally didn’t feel responsible for the abuse that was put upon me. I was finally able to start my healing process and to put that part of my life behind me.
After thanking him I asked him “Besides acting, what are you most proud of that you have done in you life (that you are willing to share with us)?”. Sir Patrick told us about how he couldn’t protect his mother from abuse in his household growing up and so in her name works with an organization called Refuge for safe houses for women and children to escape from abusive house holds. Sir Patrick Stewart learned only last year that his father had actually been suffering from PTSD after he returned from the military and was never properly treated. In his father’s name he works with an organization called Combat Stress to help those soldiers who are suffering from PTSD.
They were about to move onto the next question when Sir Patrick looked at me and asked me “My Dear, are you okay?” I said yes, and that I was finally able to move on from that part of my life. He then passionately said that his mother had done nothing to provoke his father and that even if she had, violence was never, ever a choice a man should make. That it is in the power of men to stop violence towards women. The moderator then asked “Do you want a hug?”
Sir Patrick didn’t even hesitate, he smiled, hopped off the stage and came over to embrace me in a hug. Which he held me there for a long while. He told me “You never have to go through that again, you’re safe now.” I couldn’t stop thanking him. His embrace was so warm and genuine. It was two people, two strangers, supporting and giving love. And when we pulled away he looked strait in my eyes, like he was promising that. He told me to take care. And I will.
Sir Patrick Stewart is an absolute roll model for men. He is an amazing man and was so kind and full of heart. I want to let everyone know to please find help if you are in a violent or abusive house hold or relationship. There are organizations and people ready to help. I had countless people after the panel thanking me for sharing the story and asking him those questions. Many said they went through similar things. You are not alone.
^ Here is the video of my question to Sir Patrick Stewart
Photos by Eugene Lee, Thank you
So awesome. ♥♥♥
The Antennae Galaxies; (NGC 4038/4039)
Also known as the Love Heart Galaxies, They are a pair of colliding galaxies.
Their interaction has led to two bands being flung out into space, prompting the name Antennae galaxies, however the two nuclei have begun to merge forming the shape of a loveheart.
That’s so awesome!!!!
I’ve heard it argued the word ‘awesome’ is over used. I would disagree. It may often be used where another, less enthusiastic word may be a more suitable choice but if anything, ‘awesome’ is underused. There is awesomeness everywhere! I wish everyone could see it all the time. I’d rather walk around in slack-jawed wonder at the beauty of the world and people around me than worry about a bit of overstatement.
It’s Geek Pride Day!
May 25th is Geek Pride day – so let your Geek Flag fly. Personally I am using a towel – cause it’s also Towel Day in honor of Douglas Adams.
Other cool & geeky things/people with May 25th as an anniversary;
Frank Oz, Sir Ian McKellen, Mike Meyers, Ray Stevenson, Ralph Waldo Emerson & @Johnathan Broadley share a birthday with Douglas Adams.
John Scopes indicted in 1925 for teaching Darwin’s theory of evolution.
Star Wars Episode IV opened in 1977, followed on the same date in 1983 with Episode VI
NASA civilian pilot Joseph Walker takes X-15 to 32,766m
In 1961 President Kennedy announces goal of sending a man to the moon, kicking off the Apollo program.
In 2012, The Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to successfully rendezvous with the International Space Station
~ So pin a lilac to your lapel, grab your towel and go celebrate the geekiness in all of us