the little 5 year old girl I babysit
- me: What you do think about the princess marrying another princess?
- her: Instead of the prince?
- me: Instead of the prince
- her: So her daughter would have two mommies?
- me: Yes
- her: two princess mommies...
- her: fabulous
Unless you’re John Boehner.
On Monday, Speaker of the House John Boehner sent out a tweet about a man who claimed Obamacare wouldn’t cover his baby.
That would be terrible—if it were true. Turns out the man, a failed conservative political candidate, forgot to put his toddler on the application and never bothered to fix it.
Boehner knew the story wasn’t true and created a media frenzy about it anyway.
Days later, Boehner has yet to take the message down. His 78 assistants have yet to issue a statement correcting the record.
Here’s what I don’t understand: if the Affordable Care Act is such a giant disaster that’s bad for everyone, why do Republicans keep making things up about it, trying to confuse Americans what it does and doesn’t do, and lying at every opportunity about it? If it’s as bad as they say it is, shouldn’t the truth be enough?
The House is planning on passing another ransom note in the guise of a bill and splitting town.
If that happens, Obama should invoke Article II, Section 3 of the constitution they love so much, drag them back.
Again and again and again.
- Steve Marmel
This is what you click, if you like.
"Their plan to avert default fizzling, House Republicans are reportedly considering passing their bill and then skipping town.
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) and House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) are discussing “voting on their bill and, if it passes, leaving town — a bid to try to force the Senate’s hand.”
Oh please, oh please….
Reasons why Sir Christopher Lee is just plain cool.
1. Nearly a century of life and he shows no signs of even slowing down. (There must be something in the surname…Stan Lee is the same.)
2. He knows the meaning of commitment. Fifty years with his one and only wife! (Did sow plenty of wild oats in his younger years, but happened to meet the right woman as he was getting tired of it.)
3. He is related by marriage to Ian Fleming. No coincidence that he was a Bond villain.
4. He joined the intelligence services during WWII, where it’s hinted he did some very badass things to some Nazis. (He indicated during the filming of LOTR that he knew the exact sound a man makes when stabbed in the back.)
5. He is the only one of the LOTR cast to have met J.R.R. Tolkien personally.
6. He is a loyal and steadfast friend. He was a mainstay to Peter Cushing during the latter’s grief over his wife’s death. He still misses his old chum deeply.
7. He is a Warner Brothers cartoon fan (something he shared with Peter Cushing) and can apparently do a spot-on Yosemite Sam.
8. He was the narrator in a studio cast recording of The Rocky Horror Show.
9. He is a classically trained singer and has recorded everything from opera to Broadway to heavy metal (no, I am not kidding).
10. Related to that…he likes to head bang to keep his neck muscles from growing stiff.
11. He was on the cover of Paul McCartney and Wings’ Band On The Run album.
12. He plays a good golf game too!
13. Is descended from Charlemagne.
14. As a child, met the killers of Rasputin personally when they stopped by his mother’s house. (He kept this in mind when playing Rasputin in later years.)
15. He evokes all imagination of gothic horror in your mind when see him.
16. He has the most onscreen swordfights of any other living or dead actor in the history of movies. I am guessing that record will be his for eternity.
17. He is Dracula
18. He is Saruman
19. His full name is Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, CBE, CStJ. Cool name.
20. He has the right to bear the coat of arms of the Holy Roman Empire by the Emperor Frederick Barbarossa.
21. He fought for Finland in the Winter War against Russia in 1939.
22. He’s an inspiration to us all.
23. Also he’s very tall.
24. He rereads “Lord of the Rings” every year!
25. Despite all the points mentioned he is really modest.
re-reblogging everytime I see
I already reblogged this. But who cares.
Dear Prime Minister, M Rogge, Lord Coe and Members of the International Olympic Committee,
I write in the earnest hope that all those with a love of sport and the Olympic spirit will consider the stain on the Five Rings that occurred when the 1936 Berlin Olympics proceeded under the exultant…
It’s so FLUFFY! I’m gonna die! Having fun making googly eye minion nails today. Still need some clean up but I am tickled by them too much not to share.